Friday, January 15, 2010

Advice re. nail extensions, please?

I'm going to a big family party and want to have my nails done for the occassion. I've never had full nail extensions before. I'd like the square tipped, French manicure look.I am flying to another country for the party. Will my nails still look good 4 days after having them done? Which type of extensions should I have? Also, after care advice, please? Thanks :)Advice re. nail extensions, please?
ok acrylics are the best. i used to get mine done all the time with just a french tip and evryone thought they were real. they grow out after about 7days - i used to get mine done every two weeks or so - so yours will look fine after 4 days. make sure you go to a proper technician and if you aint happy with what they do - make sure you say. you are paying for it at the end of the day!





its horrible when you have them taken off. if you have long nails anyway ask them not to cut them down so you can still keep the lenght. they will be weaker for a bit after but its totally worth it, and they will look fantastic. have a great time xAdvice re. nail extensions, please?
This may not be the advice you're looking for, but I wouldn't recommend false nails! They are so damaging to your natural nails, is it worth it? I know they look great but have you considered painting your natural nails a pretty colour? Also, consider the fact that many girls have this done and therefore you will look no different from everyone else. Sorry this doesn't answer your question but I would suggest finding a colour that you like and painting your own nails.





Of course, if your natural nails are so short then false nails would be your only option, I would imagine they should last the duration of 4 days but I am not an expert on fake nails.





Hope you have a lovely time though, sounds like fun!
I don't think you should get your nails done at all. Personally I don't think they look that good. Some grls at my school have them and they don't look that good after four days.
I am a former nail tech and I would never recommend artificial nails on anyone. They have great products at local beauty supply stores that can help your own natural nails grow strong. As for the french manicure - I do that on my own natural fingernails and toenails all the time. If your pressed for time: don't have time before your event to wait for your nails to grow the only thing I would recommend would be the press on type nails because the sticky things that you press onto the natural nail isn't as hard to get off as the nail glue. That way you can do them the morning before and you can buy them in any design/ color you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment