Friday, January 15, 2010

Is it safe to get your nails done and extensions?

I've heard that if you put extensions on your nails you could get some kind of fungus that its too hard to get ride of, specialy in beauty salons which owners are asian, because of the chemicals they use, is this true?, or you could get fungus no matter what beauty salon you go?Is it safe to get your nails done and extensions?
I have been getting my nails done for years.. the only time that I got nail fungus was when I let them grow out to long before refilling them and the bottom part broke and I got water up in there and with no natural sunlight and no air I got the fungus but I just cut it off and redid them. The bad effect on getting your nails done is that if and when you decide to grow your own nails they will be weak and brittle for about 2 years then they grow back super thin. As long as you take car of the nails you get put on and get them refilled every 2 weeks you should have no problems! Oh and wash hands before returning to work! Have fun!Is it safe to get your nails done and extensions?
Generally you get a fungus from a salon that does not properly sterilize their tools. Just be careful and ask around for a good salon.
there is always a possiblity that you may get an infection. but the chances are slim if the salon is clean.
you get the fungus because the person who puts them on does it wrong, chemicals don't breed fungus and basically the fungus has to grow out and you need a special creme antibiotic to get rid of it.
Definately find a good nail salon. I've been getting my done for a year now with no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment