Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Would u prefer gel, acrylic or fibre glass nail extensions?

im planning on completing a nail tech course soon and then start my own business up from there but i just wondered what is the most popular.Would u prefer gel, acrylic or fibre glass nail extensions?
I like the feel, look, and process of GEL NAILS. However I was informed by my nail technician they are best IF used by someone that does not constantly have their hands in water, like: washing dishes, cars, or clothes, swimming, gardening, etc. Apparently it causes the natural nail to turn yellow, so I went back to acrylic.Would u prefer gel, acrylic or fibre glass nail extensions?
I find the Acrylics easier to work with, but you should try them both and see which you like better, everyone's different. You can apply a set of acrylic nails that look natural, you just have to apply them with some restraint.
Speaking as a retired carpenter, I found the gel extensions splattered too much and you were a total mess at the end of a long day of hammering, the acrylics and fiberglass ones had a tendency to shatter upon impact with a hammer so we just went back to good old fashioned steel nails and was careful to pick the right size so we didn't need extensions.





(sorry, couldn't resist)
I agree the gel does look more natural %26amp; it doesn't give off that chemical smell as bad so there's less chance of getting light headed from prolonged use. It really all depends on the length of the nail, what I am getting them for, %26amp; who does them that usually help me decide which to go for. If I was planning on wearing the nails for longer than a month or two I would go acrylic, if only for a week or two gel, I have no clue what fiber glass nail extensions are so I don't have an opinion on that 1.
Gel better for use ,,, looks more natural and less harmful chemicals used ...

No comments:

Post a Comment